Makati City /
Corporate Services – Legal /
Full Time Employee
The RISE mission is to accelerate internet in the Philippines—we do this by focusing on the overall customer experience, providing excellent internet services and creating a positive impact on our partners and industry.
After starting from very humble beginnings and a desire to help the industry and consumer, we have grown to service business and wholesale customers in Cebu and Manila. Our business customers come from every industry but have one thing in common: they require high quality service and great support, companies such as Aboitiz, Amaysim, Ericsson, Uber and many others. This year we founded GetaFIX.ph, an internet exchange that has brought new content to the Philippines and made an outsized impact on everyday connectivity.
If you get excited by improving things and are willing to be direct and apply your skills, you too can accelerate internet in the Philippines. By joining you will be part of a growing business that requires new leaders as we work together to in an environment that values proficiency, proactivity and directness.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and conditions including HMO for you and your family. Flex time is offered for some roles and your team mates will be there to help as you build your skills and responsibilities.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Lawyer to support our legal activities across Rise, Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements for the Company
- Drafting, reviewing and preparing consultancy agreements
- Assisting with the roll-out of new template contracts and a new contract approval process
- Advising on master service agreements, general terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements and other contacts
- Assistance in representation in litigation proceedings, international arbitration proceedings and enforcement proceedings regarding court orders and arbitration awards
- Supporting and championing all aspects of legal practice within the Company
- Providing formal and informal training to colleagues on legal risks and commercial contracts
- Maintains a controlled, objective and flexible approach under pressure
- Provides a professional, quality service in a timely manner, and responds effectively to requests from clients Oversee company's policy position on legal matters
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Bachelor of Laws with 3-5 years commercial law experience
- Experience working in a law firm is an advantage
- Experience in a telecommunication or internet service provider company is an advantage but not required
- Legal experience in negotiating and drafting commercial and other business to business technology and information related contracts
- Proven ability to manage a variety of commercial transactions and special projects simultaneously
- Able to prioritise competing demands and client expectations whilst managing diverse matters;
- Self-sufficient and self motivated with the confidence to work independently
- Capable of building trusted relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to implement legal strategies in a commercial context
- Able to anticipate and respond to changes in an effective way within a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience using verbal and written skills to communicate with senior business leaders, colleagues, and external clients
- Investigative, analytical, problem-solving, and strategic skills
- A resilient and collaborative professional who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- A willingness to be adaptive to the businesses' changing needs
- Able to identify and solve problems and make the complex simple for clients by framing information and advising in a clear and concise way
- Relationship, project management, and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to anticipate and respond to problems.
We aim to give our applicants a good experience by being timely, efficient, and direct. We do apologise however as due to the overall volume of applications we only respond to candidates successful in securing a screening.