Culver City, CA
Digital Product – Management
Position: Product Manager
Reports to: COO
Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits.
Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to help execute product web and e-commerce initiatives. This person will not only have strong quantitative attributes, but also have solid communication, strategy, and personnel management skills. Success in this role involves building strong cross-functional partnerships with our marketing, engineering, design, data, and creative teams. The ideal candidate is skilled in prioritization and cross-functional collaboration as well as unique sense for end-to-end implications of developments, and a proven track record of shipping both functional and beautiful digital products.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with the COO, Director of Engineering and Product Designers on a wide-range of projects and features to deliver a great experience for our customers.
- Identify opportunities for new projects and features that will help move the needle across all company-wide KPIs.
- Scope projects and requirements in a meaningful way. MVPs are great, but only if they don't strip away the actual viability nor compromise the user experience.
- Wholly own projects from creation, through launch, and continually via iterations and updates.
- Create and define product requirements and write meaningful, contextual tickets that tell the story of the feature, but do not dictate implementation methods.
- Monitor and report out to the rest of the company on KPIs for projects that you lead including next steps and iterations to come.
- Help synthesize user research from on-site A/B testing to email surveys to in- person beta testing.
- Work collaboratively with the Product team and others including Engineering, Marketing, Creative, and Customer Experience.
- Continually explore new trends, themes, best practices, and patterns– then determine how those should (or shouldn't) be implemented into the Ritual experience.
- Always advocate for the customer.
Who You Are
- A true product person. You can comprehend all the inputs from business opportunity and customer needs to design and engineering effort required, and deliver a strategy to effectively implement new features all the while knowing exactly how you'll be able to measure the impact.
- Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual product decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task and flag potential risks.
- Meticulous. You have an extreme eye for detail and consider all angles and use-cases. You know what the 80/20 rule means and when to use it, but only after considering 100% of outcomes.
- Creative Problem Solver. Your solutions take creative perspectives and new angles towards problems that guide the user every step of the way to solve real problems.
- Current. You keep your finger on the pulse of design. You're constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences as well as innovate our existing presence.
- Up For A Challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need
- Education: BS/BA in business, design or analytical-related field. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in product management, ideally in a fast-paced environment with a consumer-facing product.
- Analytical skills and experience with analytics tools. The capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analyses as necessary.
- The ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally across multiple teams.
- Familiarity with content management and a/b testing tools.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh“Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
401k + company match (up to 4%)
3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
Catered lunch two days per week
Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
Dog days in the office
Kombucha/cold brew on tap
Commuter benefits - $100 per month towards public transportation and Uber Pool/Lyft Line
Company offsite events
Periodic private workouts with trainers in-office
Periodic meditation sessions in-office
Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks