Distressed and Special Situations - Senior Associate, Turnaround Management
Miami, FL /
Client Service – Distressed and Special Situations /
At Conway MacKenzie, part of Riveron, we help companies not just survive, but thrive. Cost pressures, rising competition, changing demand, and a host of other unexpected issues can impact the performance of even the strongest and most established companies. The sooner a business addresses its faltering performance, the more options it will have. Our Distressed and Special Situations team works hand-in-hand with our clients to navigate the challenge and opportunities inherent in both healthy and challenging environments.
Senior Associates work in direct support of Directors and/or Managing Directors as dictated by the specific engagement. Primary responsibilities include the accumulation, compilation, and analysis of required data, the creation of baseline financial analyses, and drafting of various reports and presentations for stakeholders.
As a Team Member, You Will:
- Gather, evaluate, and compile data in order to perform initial variance/impact analysis
- Design and build pro formas/financial models
- Review, evaluate, and validate detailed financial statement information, including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and key operational data
- Draft collateral analysis and report
- Provide initial liquidation analysis (FLV, OLV)
- Build cash flow model and manage client and vendor cash issues
- Gather, evaluate, and compile data for basic cost model design (e.g., product profitability analysis)
- Collaborate with colleagues to gain a clear understanding of the objectives of each assignment or phase of engagement
- Solicit detailed direction and constructive feedback from those supervising the assigned engagement
- Interview client personnel to gather information and expand upon data
- Challenge data and explanations provided by the client and convey ideas and rationale to both the firm and client personnel
- Assist with the preparation of weekly reporting to various stakeholders and management on progress toward resolution
- Keep Directors or Managing Directors informed of status of the assigned engagements
- Assist the Director and Managing Director in the creation of the recovery plan and communicate (written and verbal) as appropriate with the constituencies of the engagement
- Implement ideas from CM best practices files and contribute to them, when appropriate
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other business-related field
- 3-6 years of finance or accounting experience, preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm
- CPA certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Characteristics for Success in This Role:
- Understanding of the key operational performance drivers of a business
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong accounting and finance skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work in ever-changing, dynamic environments
- Ability to craft and deliver verbal, written, and oral messages and make recommendations to a variety of audiences, including client leadership and internal teams
- Ability to travel up to 100%
Riveron is a business advisory firm specializing in accounting, finance, and operations. We partner with our clients to successfully prepare for and execute change across the entire transaction and business lifecycle. Our unique combination of consulting, public accounting and corporate experience allows us to offer an unprecedented level of understanding and results. Founded in 2006, Riveron is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and has offices across the country.
A vital element of life at Riveron are the experiences that make every day rewarding, including creative culture-building that you may not expect to find at an advisory firm. The Riveron team is made up of enthusiastic, energetic, intelligent people who support one another and appreciate clients and co-workers. Even in the face of challenges and difficult deadlines, we thrive and enjoy our work. The Riveron team members also enjoy competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Riveron Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.