Distressed and Special Situations - Director, Turnaround Management
Detroit, MI /
Client Service – Distressed and Special Situations /
At Conway MacKenzie, part of Riveron, we help companies not just survive, but thrive. Cost pressures, rising competition, changing demand, and a host of other unexpected issues can impact the performance of even the strongest and most established companies. The sooner a business addresses its faltering performance, the more options it will have. Our Distressed and Special Situations team works hand-in-hand with our clients to navigate the challenge and opportunities inherent in both healthy and challenging environments.
Conway MacKenzie is looking for a creative and motivated individual to serve as director of turnaround management. Our directors exhibit the business acumen needed to identify and prioritize issues and sell ideas to clients and other stakeholders. They provide status reports to various stakeholders and/or management on the progress of cases and manage the interaction of client personnel with the engagement team to ensure that data and other relevant information is gathered on a timely basis. Directors may also deliver the recovery plan, findings, or testimony to clients and/or lead execution of recovery or implementation plans.
As a Team Member, You Will:
- Act as the “point person” closest to the details of the engagement
- Independently perform, oversee conducting of financial analysis on companies, communicate findings and recommendations to senior Conway MacKenzie-Riveron employees, client management, board of directors, lenders, etc.
- Define and communicate data and information requests
- Design scope and document arrangements in an engagement letter
- Determine staffing requirements and appropriate leverage of engagement activities
- Provide appropriate level of supervision to and ensure accessibility for questions and follow-up from individuals assigned to support engagements
- Clearly communicate expectations regarding the role of each team member, instill commitment to high quality and responsive client service, and give verbal feedback to team members during the course of the engagement
- Oversee Senior Associates in conducting financial analysis and provide timely review and critique
- Develop engagement strategy and client deliverables with assistance from the Managing Director and/or Senior Managing Director
- Monitor progress of engagement team/keep team members informed of status
- Timely issuance of client billings and collection of receivables
- Identify and prioritize issues, and develop recommendations or action plans for addressing these issues
- On larger cases, identify client financial and/or operational issues and recommendations for negotiation with stakeholders
- On smaller cases, develop the client’s strategic alternatives and draft a client recovery plan for critique by the Managing Director
- Implement best practices and populate best practices database
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other business-related field
- 7-10 years of finance or accounting experience, preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Must have experience or education in direct cash flow forecasting that integrates with income statement and balance sheet, running sensitivity analysis, advanced financial analysis, and account reconciliation
- Must have experience in automating processes, improving controls, valuation analysis of distressed companies using EBITDA multiples and discounted cash flow
- Must have experience with or education of distressed companies’ financial analysis/recommendation, bankruptcy/reorganization, and strategic growth consulting and analysis
- CPA, CTP, and/or CIRA certifications preferred
Characteristics for Success in This Role:
- Highly proficient in financial statement analysis and preparation of collateral analysis, liquidation analysis, cash management, and basic costing models
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, including the use of conditional formatting, lookup formulas, pivot tables, protecting files, creating scenario analysis, what-if analysis, modifying options, and applying data validation to worksheets
- Entrepreneurial with a solution-oriented mindset
- Able to work in ever-changing, dynamic environments
- Able to craft and deliver verbal, written, and oral messages and make recommendations to a variety of audiences, including client leadership and internal teams
- Ability to travel up to 100%
Riveron is a business advisory firm specializing in accounting, finance, and operations. We partner with our clients to successfully prepare for and execute change across the entire transaction and business lifecycle. Our unique combination of consulting, public accounting and corporate experience allows us to offer an unprecedented level of understanding and results. Founded in 2006, Riveron is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and has offices across the country.
A vital element of life at Riveron are the experiences that make every day rewarding, including creative culture-building that you may not expect to find at an advisory firm. The Riveron team is made up of enthusiastic, energetic, intelligent people who support one another and appreciate clients and co-workers. Even in the face of challenges and difficult deadlines, we thrive and enjoy our work. The Riveron team members also enjoy competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Riveron Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.