Sr. Manager, In-Vehicle Navigation Software
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
· You are responsible for the Software Development of the In-Vehicle Navigation system – delivering the domain across multiple programs/projects for different vehicles in the Rivian portfolio
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize navigation and location based features
· Work closely with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
· Lead Development, Integration and Test Engineers to strategize, plan, and execute the software development and delivery
· Build, develop, and mentor a team of high performance software developers utilizing best practices and tools
· Coordinate planning meetings, provide regular executive summaries, and communicate effectively the decisions, dates and content
· Drive investigations into new technologies, interfaces, and partnerships relevant to the vehicle navigation domain
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
· 15+ years of combined experience with software development, and software management
· 10+ years of experience with navigation, mapping, routing, and location-based applications
· 5+ years experience managing software development teams of ten or more people
· 5+ years experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics industries
· Deep understanding of user-friendly, immersive, reactive user interface development
· Significant experience with Android and/or Qt application frameworks with proficiency in 3D graphics, OpenGL preferred
· Proficiency targeting POSIX-based embedded systems: Linux, Android, or QNX.
· Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, and the integration of third-party web services into applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple engineering disciplines
· Passion to take ideas from conception through to a deployed product
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Infotainment Software
Location: Palo Alto, CA Or San Jose, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.