Ultrasonic Sensor Engineer, Self-Driving
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
• Our perception team is a diverse group of algorithm developers focused on creating a real-time virtual representation of the environment around the vehicle as well as determining where the vehicle is in the world. This is accomplished by processing and fusing input data from multiple sensors including cameras, radars, LIDARs, GPS, IMU, and ultrasonic sensors.
• In this role, you will be writing algorithms for manual and automated park assist fusing data from ultrasonic sensors, radars, and cameras. You will be responsible for interfacing directly with suppliers and collaborating with our embedded software, hardware, and vehicle design teams to develop safety-critical solutions for our automated driving system.
• You will be migrating these algorithms to a real-time embedded system, prototyping on autonomous vehicles, and testing and validating these solutions within a production environment.
This is what you’ll need:
• 2+ years of industry experience working on manual and automated park assist systems
• M.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related field
• Development experience in one or more of the following areas:
Processing of ultrasonic sensor signals
Object detection, classification, and localization
Analog/Digital Signal Processing
Stochastic estimation/Kalman filtering
Automated Driving/Robotics/Autonomous Vehicles
• C/C++ programming experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
• Ability to work solo and in a team
• Good communication skills
• Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to production
• Prototyping real-time applications
• Embedded software development and optimization experience
• Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
• Vehicle integration experience
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.