Field Service Technician
Irvine, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
-Initial travel will be quite often to help support pre-production vehicle builds and open Service Centers, but then you will work out of your local Service Center, when it opens near you
- Support cross functional teams and assist with pre-production vehicle builds
-Help open new Service Centers in the market
- Validate repair procedures for accuracy (diagnosis, repair process, labor time, safety, etc.)
- Improve efficiency in service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Support cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
- Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization
- Use 1st principals to collaborate, teach, and mentor other team members to constantly improvement the Service organization.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Automotive Technology/Technician Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of automotive experience
- 3+ years of EV experience
- OEM Certified Master Technician is a plus
- OEM Specific Technician Training is a plus
- Ability to drive non-commercial truck and trailer
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 75%)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
- Strong diagnostics experience
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Remote with Field Travel across North America
We Are Rivian
- Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
- We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
- Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
- Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.