Irvine, CA /
Operations – Procurement Indirect /
This is what you’ll do:
· Collaborate with engineering, purchasing, finance, design and plant operations
· Develop cost models, estimates, targets, make/buy and ad hoc analyses
· Promote green technologies: electric propulsion, lightweight/sustainable/environmentally friendly solutions
· Interface with engineering and suppliers to reduce cost, weight and timing
· Work with engineering on a Design to Target approach in early product development planning
· Subject matter expert in electronics but also estimate other areas due to interconnected parts/subsystems and overall dept workload
This is what you’ll need:
· Ground up piece price and tooling experience in one or more of the following: interior fabrication, plastics, steering, lighting, brakes, chassis, safety/restraints, electric motors, etc
· Experience in cost model creation, design to target, RFQ analysis and negotiation
· Capability to independently create a BoM & BoP on a given commodity/design and assign cost
· Ground up costing experience in more than one of the following: plastics, machining, final assembly, interiors, seats, IPs, powertrain, electric motors, etc
· BS/BA Engineering, Business, Finance or 3+ yrs. OEM, Tier-1 or plant experience
· Ability to thrive in and embrace a fast paced, diverse startup environment
· Excellent communication and collaborative skills; kaizen approach
· Strategic thinking skills and detail-oriented work habits
· Ability to have fun
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Cost Engineering
Location: California Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.