Embedded OS & Application Tools Developer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Software Integration /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and implement software components that will integrate into the build and development process of an embedded operating system. These components include c-code generation, build automation, embedded system profiling, binary file modification, hardware interface applications.
- Gather and document common requirements from existing ECU teams and build application tools to meet those needs..
- Develop test code for software components and maintain integration of toolchains for that purpose.
- Create supporting guides and lead education sessions for stakeholders.
- Support technical meetings with team members and management to discuss software architecture, feature requests, and code reviews.
- Design to enable ISO-26262 compliance and support.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
-Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering.
-2+ years’ experience in embedded programming in C/C++ and Python/Go.
-2+ years’ experience in using a Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as FreeRTOS, SafeRTOS, Nucleus, etc.
-Experience with operating system concepts, and common supporting hardware blocks in processors (MPU, Interrupt, priorities, clocks).
-Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet.
-Experience with advanced 32-bit multi-core microcontrollers.
-Proficiency in Posix or Windows OS frameworks.
-Proficiency in build automation tools such as Make, SCons, Bazel, etc.
-Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
-Strong interpersonal skills.
ADDITIONAL PREFFERED SKILLS:
-Experience or exposure to ISO 26262.
-Experience in MATLAB/Simulink a plus.
-Experience with revision software (SVN, GIT, etc.).
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK
Department: Platform Software
Location: Irvine, California and Palo Alto, California
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.