Jr. 3DExperience Solution Engineer
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Coordinate with Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Program Management and other supporting function for New product definition and document product changes as part of Product Development.
· Communicate changes to the Bill of Material (BOM) between Supply Chain and Production to facilitate material planning, order fulfillment and execution.
· Responsible for coordinating and implementing new rules in Configuration Management, Change Management process as per Organizational requirements.
· Participate in ongoing technical support efforts focusing on the 3DExperience PLM Platform
· Gathers requirements from Design Engineers, Supply Chain, Program Management, Manufacturing Engineers and develops technical solutions impacting these stakeholders.
· Occasionally serving as a back up to Engineering activities such as BOM Creation, BOM releases and BOM changes when in need for meeting Program Dates/milestones.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Prior experience in Product Design, CAD, or PLM support role
· Basic Understanding of Bill of Material management and Change Management activities
· Experience with Large assemblies /systems.
· Experience using PLM systems.
· Basic Understanding on Product Definition in CAD and its impact in Downstream activities such as Supply chain and Manufacturing
· Passionate in Problem solving with strong desire to learn and grow.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field in Mechanical Engineering
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.