Sr. Design Manager, Project Delivery, Facilities
Chicago, IL /
Facilities – Facilities /
This is what you’ll do:
· Consultant coordination and management, including invoice review and approval in accordance with project schedule and completion percentages
· Provide detailed reviews and redlines of AEOR drawings and documentation
· Monitor the progress of individual projects and coordinate quality reviews; and determine the correct level of review for each project
· Manage survey, drawing, and permitting schedule ensure deliverable's align with internal milestones
· Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
· Participate in and lead team discussions on technical and other project related issues
· Manage client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
· Construction administration – review and track design submittals, answer necessary RFI’s, perform site walks to verify design intent and coordination
· Perform ongoing construction and design milestone reviews to ensure quality execution
· Review mock-ups and provide on-site, in field technical coordination, design oversight, and management
· Work with facilities team members to ensure success of every project, including hitting all facets of schedule, budget and quality
This is what you’ll need:
· 5+ years of architectural or interior design experience
· A college degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field
· Strong understanding of Construction Administration, knowledge of construction contracts, and construction types and systems
· Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office
· Knowledgeable in building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
· Experience with the entire project life cycle from concept through post-occupancy
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
· Be resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Facilities > Design
Location: Remote with frequent travel to Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.