Sr. Technical Program Manager (Mobile App)
Vancouver, BC /
Digital Commerce – Program Management /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g., vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. As a Sr Technical Program Manager, you will lead execution of various customer facing programs and projects from initiation to launch. You will write project plans, working with internal and external partners of the company to create, organize and execute on the plans. You will also be responsible for reporting across the organization, comfortable working through ambiguity and work with stakeholders ensuring alignment on the goals at hand.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Drive projects from concept to launch, articulating processes to help team succeed including not only managing risks but predicting them
· Partner with engineering and product management leaders to drive alignment on strategic and tactical objectives
· Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop project plans, goals and milestones for empowering our customers to access Rivian’s products and services using mobile applications
· Track milestones, progress, dependencies and issues closely while communicating effectively to leadership and stakeholders
· Drive teams and individuals in planning and executing roadmaps to get the project to the finish line collaboratively
· Lead project or program reviews, leadership reviews and hiring efforts in the organization.
· Coach and mentor others in best practices of software planning and execution
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· At least 4+ years of experience in consumer facing products
· Mobile application development experience preferred
· At least 6+ years of program management experience
· Background in Computer Science or Engineering
· Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally
· Experience in cross functional collaboration and taking products from concept to market
· Superior organizational skills
· A genuine love of brands that are focused on positive impact
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Vancouver, BC
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.