Software Security Lead
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· The software security lead role will help Rivian Develop a robust and secure code throughout the product lines
· This role resides within the enterprise security department and will guide all of Rivian’s business units.
· The lead is a technical role which will orchestrate and integrate the majority of processes and technologies into the development pipeline around software security.
· Build relationships
this is what you’ll need:
· 7+ years of cyber security experience, Focused on software security.
· Define secure coding and design principles for Rivian’s developed applications as well as 3rd parties
· Design and guide the implementation of secure SDLC practices, including code reviews (Java, .NET and mobile), static/dynamic code analysis, secure repositories, vulnerability assessments, etc.
· Develop DevSecOps capability including identifying security scanning tools (SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA) to be integrated into the pipeline
· Experience creating DevSecOps playbooks, as well as automating the processes
· Experience with configuration and customization of SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA security tools into DevOps pipeline
· Experience on-boarding applications into the standardized scanning process
· Experience executing SAST and DAST scanning and weaving out false positives
· Expertise working with CI\CD pipeline deployed onto AWS
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is strongly desired
· Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
· Mentor other members of the information security team
· Research, evaluate, and implement new security prototypes to meet an ever-evolving cyber risk posture
· Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
· lead cross-functional teams
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Cyber Security
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.