Manager, Service NPI
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Responsible for new vehicle part implementation into the Service Supply Chain. This position will motivate, challenge, and lead a team of technical program managers in executing Engineering and Manufacturing vehicle changes to determine cost, supply chain, and operational impact within the global service network.
You will collaborate and maintain an operational partnership with design engineering to develop the Service BOM for new vehicles and determine part service levels to reduce supply chain complexity for Rivian’s vehicle portfolio.
· Partner with Design Engineering to develop the Service BOM for new vehicles, to determine which parts of the vehicle will be serviced and implemented in the global service network
· Go-to-Market new part introduction and program launch responsibilities
· Ownership of End of Life parts analysis process to mitigate obsolescence, ensure supply continuity, mitigate inaccurate forecasting, and align on commercial and warehousing strategy terms
· Master data ownership over structure and maintenance of the Service BOM and part attribute values
· Technical expertise and analysis of design changes in part designs to determine supersession and compatibility relationships
· Lead and motivate a diverse group of people to execute NPI deliverables in a flexible and dynamic work environment
· Monitor team performance through exception management reporting, part serviceability escalations, and proactive monitoring of new part introductions to ensure supply continuity
· Collaborate with demand planning, GSMs, global distribution centers, engineering, and other partners to understand demand forecast drivers that will impact supply continuity.
· Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
· Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
· Advise and adjust organization on new strategic developments to scale, automate, and grow
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 7-10+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field (vehicle repair a plus)
· Bachelors (Masters Preferred) with emphasis in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Engineering or related discipline
· CAD/Catia/Enovia/PLM experience
· Experience analyzing design changes
· Experience managing complex Bills of Material
· Knowledge of MRP/ERP with focused experience on product lifecycle management, bills of material, supply chain operations, and procure to pay processes (SAP experience a plus)
· Excellent project management
· Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
· Experience in leading teams with a proven track record of performance in an automotive/high-tech environment
· Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities to allow decision-making or presenting recommendations to the business.
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
· Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.