Director Labor and Employee Relations
Remote - USA /
Legal, IP and Regulatory – Legal /
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Plymouth, Michigan, San Jose and Irvine, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
This is WHO you are:
You are self-motivated, confident, a leader, have great communication skills, creative and thrive in challenging and fast-paced environments.
This is what you’ll do:
· Partner with all levels of the organization to develop and execute labor strategy
· Monitors employee climate to identify issues/trends; recommends proactive solutions based on business needs/best practices and counsel leadership on identifying issues and implementing corrective actions
· Analyze exit interview data in consultation with People Partners and making recommendations to the management team for corrective and continuous improvement
· Be an integral partner to our People Partners regarding the design, development and implementation of specific initiatives and programs that impact employee engagement
· Regularly conduct employee meetings, as well as manager meetings, to solicit information which will form the basis for any risk assessment as to a particular workgroup and/or location
· Regularly conduct audits at each worksite to ensure consistent standards, policies and responsibilities are in place to enhance workplace fairness and positive employee engagement
· Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to employment practices, ensuring agency compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
· Develop and maintain constructive relationships with existing trade unions while advocating for the company
· Provide coaching, guidance and training to build and promote best practices in the area of labor-management relations
· Work closely with business leaders to proactively respond to shifting business needs and associated labor implications
· Monitor employee and union relations at sites to facilitate early issue identification and intervention, as well as to ensure appropriate employee relations practices are maintained to promote positive employee relations
this is what you’ll need:
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree
· At least five (5) years of labor and employee relations experience
· Experience in a unionized work environment
· Strong knowledge and understanding of federal and state labor and employment laws, particularly the National Labor Relations Act
· Ability to work independently and be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
· Ability to be flexible and change objectives/projects at a given notice
· Experience managing and completing complex projects
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Strong client relations skills
· A commitment to teamwork, collaboration and professionalism
This is where you’ll work:
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.