Purchasing Manager, Retail & Service Operations
Irvine, CA /
Operations – Procurement Indirect /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process for Rivian’s retail store and service center operations
· Own the contractual process with suppliers by negotiating NDAs, General Terms & Conditions and Statements of Work
· Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and future technologies
· Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop commodity strategies and roadmaps for Rivian Stakeholders
· Perform detailed analysis of quotations based on cost breakdowns from supplier submissions
· Drive and implement continuous cost improvements through negotiations to achieve operational cost targets
· Establish strong supplier relationships and manage performance through the creation of key performance metrics
· Manage departmental budgets in collaboration with Rivian Finance team to ensure contracts are on target
· Analyze current spend data in Indirect spend commodities and find opportunities for cost reductions and supplier consolidation
· Work closely alongside stakeholders to meet their technical requirements, execute against set milestones and track sourcing progress
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· 3+ years of relevant experience in procurement
· Expert negotiation experience in either Direct or Indirect commodities
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of integrity
· Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
· Attention to detail to ensure that the sourcing criteria meets the Stakeholder’s requirements
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Proficiency with SAP/Coupa, and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.