Normal, IL /
Operations – HR and EHS /
This is what you’ll do:
· Be involved with the design and specifications for new machinery and equipment
· Active participant in equipment acceptance testing and commissioning
· Evaluate proposed changes to equipment and machinery for safety requirements
· Utilize a formal management of change process
· Develop equipment safety standards where needed and continuously improve existing standards
· Complete Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis
· Conduct Pre-startup safety reviews with a cross-functional team
· Create and deliver training related to equipment and machinery safety
· Determine and rank risk as well as the effectiveness of controls in place
· Participate in learning teams, investigations, inspections, audits, etc. as needed
· Work with department EHS staff to support shop needs
· Work with vendors, suppliers, contractors as well as internal teams for design, commissioning support
· Other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or Engineering
· 3-5 years of equipment safety experience, risk assessments, equipment commissioning
· Experience with ANSI/RIA 15.06, ISO/TS 15066 and other related standards
· Ability to travel up to 50% for extended periods of time
· Automotive experience preferred
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures.
· Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be on the plant floor and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
· At other times while performing duties of this job, the employee will work in a standard office environment.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Environmental, Health and Safety
Location: Normal, IL.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.