Senior Diagnostics Software Engineer, Infotainment Systems
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
Infotainment Software Engineers are at the core of our feature development process, transforming high level descriptions into working software that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers.
This is what you'll do:
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to specify and design, diagnostic interfaces, routines, fault logging, and fault reporting for the Infotainment domain.
- Work with the hardware and software engineering teams to translate the system level design into OS/RTOS platform, driver, and middleware implementations.
- Implement diagnostic software aligned with the overall system design and software development process standards.
- Measure, analyze, and optimize software to key performance indicators.
- Investigate, and resolve issues reported from vehicle testing.
This is what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with developing embedded system software from requirements into a functional, efficient, and validated implementation.
- Proficiency with modern C and C++. Also proficiency with associated software development tools, such as IDE’s, source code management, static analysis, and automated builds.
- Experience writing hardware diagnostics software or manufacturing test software is a big plus.
- Experience with POSIX-based embedded systems; one or more of Linux, Android, or QNX.
- Deep knowledge of one or more infotainment functional domains such as displays, cameras, graphics, audio, Ethernet, WiFi, or Bluetooth.
- Experience with low-level interfaces typical of embedded systems: such as I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, USB, PCIe, SDIO, UFS, MDIO.
- Experience working with U-boot, device trees, and device drivers.
- Experience writing and debugging TCP/IP applications in C.
- Proficiency with Python is a plus.
- Experience debugging embedded issues with oscilloscope and other test instruments is a bonus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.