Charging Electronics Design Release Engineer
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Manage charging product related suppliers from concept phase to production launch
· Work with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure products are validated per Rivian requirements
· Provide weekly written supplier status reports to stakeholders
· Work with Rivian cross-functional teams to provide required inputs and feedback to suppliers, and host weekly product development meeting (PDT)
· Work with Program Management to meet all deliverables on time
· Work with supply chain to ensure all required POs are released on time
· Release supplier designed components and products through Enovia system, and manage Bill of Material(BOM), and cost
· Review design changes with stakeholders and manage design changes
· Perform Catia 3D CAD modeling of charging product related packaging and concept studies
· Review 2D prints to ensure all GD&T are captured, and approve them
· Work with Supply Quality Engineering team (SQE) and other quality teams to resolve any product quality issues
· Review suppliers’ product DFMEAs and PFMEAs with relevant stakeholder
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering field.
· Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in developing power electronics productsor charging related products
· Knowledge or experience with EVs and high-power charger design
· Automotive and EVSE product Supply Chain Experience
· Shall be familiar with SAE, UL, NEC, and IEC Standards and its certification processes
· Knowledge of manufacturing fabrication processes such as sheet metal forming, injection molding, wiring harness
· Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
· Project management skills
· Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
· Proficient with Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio.
· High energy and proactive attitude towards problems and challenges
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion (EPC)
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.