Sr. Embedded Hardware Engineer, Stationary Storage
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Stationary Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
· Be the embedded hardware owner for a stationary energy storage monitoring & control platform
· Detailed component design, including creating complete electronic modules from the ground up to Rivian Standards
· Specify and design electronic modules to work reliably in harsh environments
· Work with mechanical and system engineers to ensure your design meets all space allocation and system and end-user requirements
· Support design documentation, including failure analysis, WCCA, derating analysis, and test reports
· Work with software engineers and firmware engineers to ensure that software functions correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench, and in the system
· Test and Validation, including working with Test and Validation engineers to ensure your component is tested to the rigorous standards set by Rivian
· Support manufacturing, internal and contract, for prototype and production builds
This is what you’ll need:
· Experienced with mixed signal design
· Experience designing embedded hardware and electronics
· Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jiraand requirements management tools such as Jama
· Experience developing test plans and test fixtures for embedded hardware
· Experience designing and releasing parts and systems according to a new product introduction process that includes design reviews, lifecycle management (Enovia PLM preferred), FMEAs, standards for drawings and defined milestones
· Experience with prototyping builds
· Experience with battery energy storage systems is desired
· Familiarity with the principles of reliability engineering is desired
· Experience with successful large-scale commercialization of an embedded hardware product and post-launch product support is desired
· 10+ years industry experience
· At least a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.