Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Be the go-to team for electrical build and test support. Vehicle and system level experts capable of designing, building and troubleshooting. Deliver engineering resources to help develop, vet systems and projects. Have the tactical ability to be deployed, leverage assets to solve problems quickly, and move on to the next project.
· Work closely with electrical/harness/software engineers to understand the vehicles and develop commissioning plans
· Rapid Prototype – Rapidly build and prototype harnesses and systems for integration and Proof of Concept work
· Solve Problems - Deploy to build locations to support system commissioning and root-cause development and build issues.
· Report back issues and actions in detail back to the engineering team to fix and resolve documentation
· Component level bring-up and retrofit support
· Component and Vehicle level firmware bring up support.
· Buck/Mule/Prototype design and build support.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
· Deep understanding of electrical signals, CAN, LIN, Ethernet
· Ability to use CAN, ethernet, and LIN analysis tools
· Ability to read through vehicle and component schematics, datasheets, and communication architecture
· Self-Starter, able to lead creatively through the difficulties of vehicle commissioning.
· Ability to rework harnesses and understand vehicle assembly
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
· 3+ years of experience working in vehicle systems
· Deep working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
· BS+ in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.