Manufacturing Engineer (Senior/Staff), Factory Design & Industrial Engineering
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Own the capacity roadmap for specific area(s)
· Set throughput performance and resource targets
· Work with manufacturing leaders and across departments (i.e. strategy, sales, demand planning, finance) to create the short- and long-term capacity strategies
· Create data models and apply tools (such as discrete event simulation) to drive line, buffer, and material flow design and identify optimization opportunities
· Interface with contract manufacturers to validate line capacity
· Collaborate with teams to define and implement systems to track manufacturing performance
· Create and standardize input library for future planning and validation activities
· Define the overall manufacturing process flow and factory footprint for future spaces
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· B.S. in Mechanical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent
· 4+ years of assembly or manufacturing experience (new line launches a plus)
· Experience with linear and non-linear programming or stochastic simulation methods
· Experience with DES simulation software (i.e. FlexSiM, AnyLogic)
· Experience with factory layout, equipment or process planning
· Experience with data analytics, visualization, or programming languages (i.e. Java, Python) a plus
· Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and team player
· Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers as well as project related partner sites.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Irvine CA and Palo Alto CA, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.