Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering and Programs – Software Integration /
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead tools and build-release activities for infotainment software (images/packages) on single or multiple hardware boards with latest multi-core multimedia SoC
- Lead and set technical direction for tools, build-release-test automation and cloud-backend services
- Be responsible for developing tools & automation solutions for CI / CD workflow, continuous testing, software updates and manufacturing support
- Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CI / CD workflow using Jenkins, AWS, Docker and other micro-services
- Work with other cross-functional teams and convert business requirements into engineering requirements
- Be responsible for tool/software development adhering to appropriate internal & external safety/security standards
- Be a dynamic cross-functional technical leader enabling other dependent teams (like software, hardware and application)
- Identify and set new technical directions to improve development process and fulfill company / group vision
This is what you’ll need:
- 10 + years of experience with embedded or Linux software development using C/C++
- 5+ years of experience with auto build tools (like make, waf etc.,), Git, JAMA, JIRA, Jenkins, Quality Center(or other test management tools), AWS, Linux-server installation and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python and/or Shell
- 3+ years of experience in one or more areas - DevOps, OTA servers, micro-services and cloud backend operations
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and/or other databases
- Ability to be creative/resourceful - to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong experience with developing tools for software products using - Android / Linux / QNX preferred
- Ability and experience to design and develop application tools (running on windows/mac/Linux) for manufacturing and software update (OTA) is a plus!
- Automotive - software development, tools and build-release engineering experience preferred
- Experience with ATE (Automated Test equipment) design/development in electronics manufacturing domain
- Deep understanding of private and public cloud design considerations
- Experience deploying in AWS cloud and using AWS services
- Experience working with next generation Object/Block storage (S3, Swift, etc...)
- Implementation of AWS security best practices using security groups, network access control lists, key pair management, and bastion hosts
- Automation of DevOps tasks such as DB backups and snapshot creation without affecting production systems
- Deep understanding of ELK stack, VMware Kafka, Docker, microservice architecture
- Proven fluency in C/C++ and embedded programming
- Linux Admin level experience, preferably Ubuntu or Redhat
- Ability to install/upgrade OS and build kernels, resolve package and library level dependencies
- Ability to write scripts in Python and Shell
- Fundamental understanding of OS drivers and packages
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Connected Car & Digital Experience
Location:Irvine, Palo Alto, San Jose, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.