Sr. Manager - End User Computing Engineering and Operations
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Strategize and deliver all End User computing (laptops, mobile devices, printers, workstations, special needs equipment, end point software including Office 365, infrastructure for managing end point devices/software) engineering and operations for the company
· Be accountable for customer satisfaction and SLA’s for all End User Computing services for the company
· Develop business and technical architectures for the End User Computing to be in alignment with the enterprise architecture principles & vision. Contribute to the development of broader infrastructure architecture.
· Build and lead a high performing team to deliver best in class End User Computing services
· Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success
· Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
· Manage financials for achieving lowest TCO for the End User Computing services
· Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services
· Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
· Perform Engineering for the End User Computing area
· Responsible for all end user devices/software on the end points at various locations in the company including engineering sites, retail sites, service facilities, charging locations, other locations as agreed upon with leadership team.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 8+ years of managing a high-performance team of infrastructure engineers
· 10+ years of experience with end user computing or relevant areas of IT engineering
· Deep first principles understanding of end user computing and related technologies
· Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
· Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
· Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a win win mindset
· Attracts & Manages top talent – Attracts, selects, and motivates best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization. Builds a high performing team.
· Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
· Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
· Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.