Palo Alto, CA /
Design and User Experience – Design and User Experience /
This is what you'll do:
· Collaborate on a team of Technical Writers to create publications for Quick Start Guide, Owner’s Manuals, Safety and Regulatory Information Guides, Warranties, Service Manuals and Bulletins for Rivian Vehicles.
· Create graphics for use in content development and documentation as appropriate.
· Producing, delivery and QA of the technical content of the Owner’s Manual SW builds that are published and provided to customers through OTA SW updates to the vehicles and merged into vehicle platform SW builds.
· Responsible for content and change management to publish changes as applicable to vehicles and publication media.
· Responsible for localization of content for launch countries.
· Responsible for quality control of content and publication. Ensure content is accurate (e.g. validate information accuracy, peer review others’ content, and follow review processes). Ensure software and web content are tested for usability and functionality. Drive quality and user experience improvement.
· Work with cross functional technology engineering teams to develop content and establish schedules for publications to meet launch and go-to-market deadlines. Set clear milestones, deliverables, and identify dependencies (including resources and budget), validation and quality plans, track progress, and drive issue resolution among the teams.
· Manage project priorities with Service and Engineering teams, and interface between engineering & field technicians to solve field issues while documenting solutions.
· Strategize and implement process improvements, for both documentation processes and any related processes.
This is what you’ll need:
· Master's/Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/business.
· 5+ years of technical publication experience. Automobile and Technology industry experience preferred.
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable though text and graphics.
· Deep understanding of engineering and service functions, HW and SW development, validation and release processes is desired.
· Must possess strong leadership/management skills, and a team player.
· Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity and be self-motivated.
· Experienced with implementing and refining new processes.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must be customer-focused while also being focused on cost, quality and delivery.
· Ability to work in a DITA XML component authoring system such as Author-it, Oxygen XML Editor, MadCap Flare, or Arbortext Editor is preferred.
· Experience working in a content management system is preferred.
· Experience performing specialized publishing tasks such template creation, development of content reuse strategies, and translation management is preferred.
· Ability to manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software (such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, MS Office products and custom databases).
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment with very tight deadlines.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.