Product Manager, Energy Storage (C&I)
Palo Alto, CA /
Energy & Charging Solutions – Energy & Charging Solutions /
The Product Manager will drive customer requirements into engineering to achieve customer/business strategies and multiple concurrent initiatives, ranging from concepts in ideation to launching into production. You will also need exceptional ability to work with and influence diverse functional teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop the roadmaps for energy storage products
- Support product design, development, release and continuous improvement for energy storage products
- Support organization in planning production, inventory, sales targets and lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop product requirements and specifications
- Partner with engineering and manufacturing teams to plan, build, launch and manage energy storage products
- Responsible for overall product management and strategic focus for multiple energy storage products
- Report and consult with senior management on charger strategic direction
- Act as voice of the customer in product development and execution
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to stakeholders
- Conduct user research to scope and prioritize product initiative
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS or MS in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or similar field or experience
- 5 or more years in Product Management
- Experience in Customer Experience Roadmap principles
- Deep knowledge Product Development and Project/Program Management
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the energy storage experience through great, usable solutions
- Experience developing programs with engineering, industrial design, user experience, purchasing and operations teams
- Knowledge and understanding of energy storage technology
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Proven success working on new product initiatives and delivering products
- Experience delivering technology products/services/software in a high growth environment where priorities shift
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Charging and Energy Solutions
- Location: Irvine or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.