Senior Manager, Stationary Storage Energy Management
Irvine, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Oversee the development of a stationary energy storage energy management system
· Build and lead a world class team and deliver the related software & controls for all stationary energy storage programs from Concept to Production
· Define software architecture and work with the systems team to ensure software requirements are clearly defined and traceable
· Develop the embedded software stack, including communications interface, energy storage optimization and the forecasting algorithms
· Collaborate with the charging team to create an integrated platform that manages power demand for customers
· Collaborate with user interface & experience stakeholders to develop, implement and validate methods for computing and displaying energy storage system data
· Collaborate with the cloud team on system to cloud integration
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
· At least 10 years’ experience developing energy management systems for energy storage and Renewables
· Expert knowledge of machine learning, optimization theory, and data processing
· A strong background in developing and deploying software solutions for applications that interact with the power grid, energy storage, Renewables and EV charging
· Have demonstrated excellent leadership of technology development & deployment into major projects.
· Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional departments both internally and externally
· Strong communication, multitasking, skills, both in presentation & technical writing
· Energy & curiosity to make things happen, seek out solutions and represent a world class brand
· Self-discipline and self-direction in high energy start-up company
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.