Software Engineer, Backend (Vehicle Services)
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, the true customer experience is measured by the level of service an organization can provide to the customer. We are designing and developing a state-of-the-art technology platform to delight Rivian customers with an omnichannel, highly intuitive and reliable service experience.
We are seeking highly passionate and customer focused Software Engineers to be part of this journey. As a senior member of the team, you will have an opportunity to design and build a platform with multiple interfaces (Web, mobile, retail, etc) and service integrations to support customer, service agents and external partners throughout the customer life cycle
This is what you’ll do:
· Participate and contribute to architecture definition, design, development, and delivery of highly scalable solutions while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
· Think quality-first. Mentor and coach team members and guide them to solutions on complex design issues.
· Partner closely with architects and product leads to provide solutions.
· Develop integration across multiple internal and external systems.
· Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering
· Actively improve the level of craftsmanship by developing best practices and defining best strategies.
This is what you’ll need:
· BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
· 2-6 years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems using Java or similar programming language
· 2-6 years of hands-on experience in building Web Applications, SaaS products, and RESTful APIs.
· A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of software design and architecture of complex systems.
· Experience building microservices at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second in cloud environment (AWS, GCP, AZURE)
· Experience developing API’s with the care they deserve – REST with OpenApi/Swagger
· Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms.
· In-depth knowledge of web (HTTP, HTML, RESTful APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, XML/JSON, Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker) and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, Git
· Experience with 3rd party system integration (sync/async)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.