Purchasing Manager, Propulsion
Irvine, CA /
Operations – Procurement Direct /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
· Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing suppliers, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
· Lead contractual negotiations
· Communicate closely with program management regarding prototype ordering and sourcing progress
· Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best prototype and production pricing based on targets
· Perform a deep dive analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown data
· Support supplier quality and technical reviews
· Review engineering development costs with engineering leads to ensure best cost is attained
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· 3+ years of relevant drivetrain/motor purchasing experience
· Effective negotiation experience specific to electric motor components (permanent magnet and/or induction motor)
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of integrity
· Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
· Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
· Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with automotive, electronics or software/ hardware suppliers is a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Supply Chain – Procurement, Direct
Location: Carson, CA OR Irvine, CA
THIS IS RIVIAN:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.