Sr. Financial Analyst
Irvine, CA /
Accounting and Finance – Finance /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of every aspect of corporate finance.
· Create and refine business cases (including three standard financial statements) for propulsion, high-voltage, and other cross-platform programs (electric power conversion, energy storage, powertrain, vehicle thermal systems, and chassis, among others).
· Support strategic decision making for the earliest development phases of components and projects and help leaders make critical sourcing, design, manufacturing capacity, and vehicle specification & performance decisions.
· Collaborate very closely with every functional area that provides input into a component or project’s profitability: design, engineering, procurement, logistics, demand planning, manufacturing, and product management, among others. Partnering and communicating with each of these areas effectively is important, as is iterating through scenarios and artfully challenging their assumptions without affronting their functional expertise.
· Present updates and results of business case findings at early product development gateway meetings.
· Produce monthly variance reports and commentary on actual development costs vs. forecasted development costs for projects you’re supporting.
· Regularly transcribe/transfer business case data into company-wide forecasting tool in order to provide visibility into future consolidated profitability and cash flow.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· At least two of the following:
o Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
o 2+ years of corporate finance, banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting experience
o MBA from a top full-time MBA program
o CFA, FRM, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent
· Ability to make sense of ambiguous situations and drive towards clarity and unity
· Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
· Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding of business performance, decision making, and communication
· Effective communication and strategic thinking skills
· Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
· Strong project management, planning, and organization skills
· Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
· SAP/ MS Access / SQL skills are a huge plus
· Extremely detail orientated
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Irvine, CA
THIS IS RIVIAN:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.