Vehicle Modeling and Performance Manager
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead a talented team of engineers to develop a central vehicle model and analysis toolsets – to be used by all stakeholders including vehicle dynamics, vehicle controls, durability and performance (efficiency and longitudinal)
· Ensure timely and accurate integration of propulsion models to enable the accurate reporting of vehicle performance and efficiency (range)
· Develop a vehicle simulator to enable the streamlined usage by the vehicle dynamics team
· Lead multibody dynamics engineers to ensure robust hardpoint selection working with the vehicle dynamics team
· Remain program responsible for attributes related to efficiency and performance, reporting the status throughout the gateway and drive event process
· Ensure central model meets the requirements of all internal customers/teams to enable a single source of the truth
· Develop common processing tool/environment to ensure all vehicle data (test or simulation) is processed in the same format and stored in a central database
· Ensure attribute dvps are in place for all performance attributes
This is what you’ll need:
· BS in related engineering field or equivalent
· Preferred (not mandatory) Masters or PhD program within the scope of CAE, NVH, Aerodynamics etc.
· Previous experience in vehicle integration, vehicle dynamics or vehicle modelling (15 years), ideally within the automotive sector
· Strong leadership behaviors, ideally with direct team management experience
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Attributes & Performance
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.