Plymouth, MI /
Legal, IP and Regulatory – Legal /
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE:
You are detail-oriented, willing to learn, self-motivated, confident, have great communication skills, and interested in learning about the world of EV industry. This role is a great opportunity to support and collaborate with business partners worldwide, as well as work with a diverse group of highly motivated (and fun) team members. Ideal candidate must possess the ability to adapt to current and future responsibilities, as well as expand responsibilities as needed.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Implementation and management of a contract management database.
• Review (under attorney supervision and direction) initial and revised drafts of third-party quotations, proposals, agreements and terms and conditions.
• Review and revise (under attorney supervision and direction) non-disclosure agreements based on the Rivian form, as well as forms received from third parties.
• Assist in the development of corporate governance policies and procedures and help to ensure the company’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and legal requirements.
• Support, track and complete various entity business license renewals, as well as other corporate governance matters as needed.
• Dispute and litigation support.
• Assist the Public Policy and Real Estate teams with obtaining, tracking and renewing state dealership licenses, office and site permits, and ensuring that the company is in compliance with each license and permit.
• Complete or assist on special projects on an as-needed basis.
• Work together with the other members of the legal department to prioritize items and highlight ongoing issues.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies from an accredited university.
• At least two (2) years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house.
• Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Must have persistence to overcome obstacles and ability to complete work in a timely manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executive team and employees across all levels of the company in a highly professional manner.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Plymouth, MI
Travel: Around 20-30%
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.