Senior Functional Safety Manager - External Supplier - Palo Alto
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Systems /
This is what you’ll do:
As Senior Functional Safety Engineer – External Supplier, you will be responsible for leading the functional safety activities for a vehicle program with all external suppliers. In order to do this, you will work with legal, compliance, product and core engineering teams in driving technical safety content with external suppliers from definition of the Development Interface Agreement through to technical execution and completion. Core responsibilities for this position are:
· Contribute to feature requirements and provide functional safety guidance on feature definition.
· Clearly define the role of the external supplier across Rivian’s vehicle programs.
· Contribute to the Functional Safety Requirements and Technical Safety Requirements to help define the external supplier technical interface to Rivian.
· Derive the Development Interface Agreement (DIA) for each supplier.
· Work alongside the core engineering teams to support technical safety discussions with external suppliers.
· Review external supplier work products for technical accuracy and alignment to Rivian’s vehicle program needs
· Deliver clear and concise technical updates on external supplier progress across Rivian’s vehicle programs.
· Guide core engineering teams in external supplier selection based on feature requirement and safety rating.
This is what you’ll need:
In order to execute the role, you will be expected to have
· Degree education in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical (or similar)
· Over 3 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally OEM or Tier 1 working within functional safety
· Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
· Experience working within a cross-functional team leading indirect reports
· Proven knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience applying within an OEM or Tier 1
· Good working knowledge of vehicle system functionality and electro/mechanical control strategy
· Ability to report to senior management and report accurate information in a clear and concise manner
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Systems
Location: Irvine, CA; San Jose CA; Palo Alto CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.