Senior Counsel, Commercial
Irvine, CA /
Legal, IP and Regulatory – Legal /
This is what you’ll do:
· Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, with a focus on procurement of vehicle components, including development, production, and supply agreements, general terms and conditions, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements and service agreements.
· Work closely with internal clients and senior members of the legal team on supply chain/procurement matters, organize and manage legal review deadlines and completion goals for supply-related agreements.
· Manage and support Rivian’s legal playbook and training materials, and collaborate with internal business clients to develop and implement a variety of company-wide policies, processes, and guidelines.
· Provide accurate and timely advice to internal clients on range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
· Work together with senior members of Rivian’s legal team on project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including financing transactions and strategic partner relationships.
· Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution and other matters as they arise.
this is what you’ll need:
· J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school, and an active member in good standing of the California Bar (or eligible to practice as a California registered in-house counsel).
· At least ten (10) years of commercial transactions experience with focus in procurement of goods and services in the automotive or manufacturing industry.
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, with attention to detail.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.