Technical Program Manager, Electrical Systems
Irvine, CA /
Electrical Hardware – Hardware Design /
You’re responsible for the development and delivery execution of electrical systems within a given Vehicle Line. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and indirect leadership capability. You’re the voice of the vehicle line within the Electrical Engineering function and the voice of the electrical engineering function within the vehicle team.
You will be responsible to drive the Design, Development, Release, Validation and Launch Execution for Electrical Systems of new vehicle lines. You’ll collate and ensure awareness of overall departmental program deliverable status and balance cost & delivery.
This is what you'll do:
- Work closely with all aspects of the electrical team (systems/integration/design) to build out the master development and integration schedule; drive this development and integration cycle throughout the vehicle line.
- Work closely with the electrical architecture and component design teams to drive electrical development throughout the v-cycle.
- Work with the Vehicle Line to translate corporate strategy and vehicle program milestones into detailed product/feature roadmaps aligned with development timing
- Work with the vehicle line and other teams to drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and push integration to the vehicle via design reviews including driving solutions for integration issues, ensuring all pre series builds are supported to effectively launch the vehicle
- Ensure the management of the functional vehicle engineering budget and operate a clear Risk and Opportunities capture approach.
- Generate meaningful development metrics and responsible for program deliverables status at weekly reviews and collation of departmental status for program gateways.
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover
- Work in close proximity to the Vehicle Line cascading status/issues/and critical paths bidirectionally to an indirect team
This is what you'll need:
- 6+ years experience on a program team or equivalent experience
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Integration and Launch experience on a vehicle or highly complex electromechanical system.
- High Communication Ability in technical and nontechnical domains
- Product Release Experience, Commercial Accumen, Automotive Quality processes
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical/software systems.
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.