Dimensional Variation Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering
Plymouth, MI /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
Have you ever wanted to work for a company that will change the world? At Rivian, you’ll have that opportunity. For the last century, the automobile has dominated the way we move. No other mode of transport has offered the same level of flexibility in routes, departure times, or configurations. But owning a vehicle is not problem free. It depreciates in value, it's massively underutilized, and--between cleaning, maintenance, insurance, and fueling--it takes a lot of effort to keep it on the road. Beyond all of this hassle, the automotive system has contributed to many of the planet's biggest challenges, including air quality, climate change, congestion, and energy dependence. There is a better solution. This requires us to not only redesign the vehicle, but also the ecosystem around it. Backed by strong investors and driven by a team of passionate innovators, Rivian is creating solutions that redefine traditional automotive economics and remove the pain points of conventional ownership.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Drive dimensional controls and tolerance discussions into the basics of all design across the organization
· Support vehicle development and the design team to ensure proper GD&T is specified for parts and planned for the assembly of components
· Build 3DCS models for dimensional variation analysis (preferred)
· RSS stack-ups using Excel worksheets
· Review part tolerance call outs for components as released meets dimensional requirements
· Support component and system design simplification with an overall push for manufacturing and assembly in design
· Work as a champion of good, fundamental design across the vehicle
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· First principles approach in problem solving
· BS or higher in engineering
· Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
· Understanding of various methods of component forming and assembly and associated part or assembly tolerances
· Experience with component specification standards and ANSI standards for GD&T
· Ability to review a design and process and provide suggestions to improve the repeatability of design.
· Understanding and implementation of part quality improvements.
· Strong skills with common workplace software (Catia, word processor, spreadsheet, database, etc.).
· 1~3 years of experience in variation analysis, RSS stack-up's and excellent presentation skills
· Team player that can work on challenging problems under tight deadlines
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.