Sr. Test/Data Engineer
Wittmann, AZ /
Engineering and Programs – Test and Development /
This is what you’ll do:
- Oversee and configure all vehicle data loggers.
- Manage the flow and initial post-processing of all vehicle logger data.
- Coordinate the interactions between aftermarket data loggers, production telematics data collection, and external data acquisition.
- Develop, specify, procure, use and train others in use of, and maintain data acquisition sensors, systems, practices and databases for all aspects of vehicle measurement (thermal, strain, NVH, and digital networks among others)
- Execute Vehicle level design validation (DVP) testing
- Preliminary fault analysis and reporting (hardware and software)
- Plan and execute vehicle tests with a focus on instrumentation and data collection
- Liaison across multiple engineering departments
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Mechanical/Mechatronics background
- Embedded Controls knowledge preferred
- Experience working hands-on with in-vehicle data acquisition systems including experiment design, installation, use, data analysis and detailed post-processing techniques
- Direct experience working with CAN, LIN, and Ethernet vehicle data networks, including debugging and reverse engineering
- Racing/professional driving background preferred
- Experience with data logging systems (Intrepid preferred)
- Proving grounds experience
- Willing to travel upwards of 25% of the time
- Eye for detail with a focus on quality
- Proven experience with at least 2 major vehicle systems (EG, Electric powertrain, suspension, HVAC, Braking)
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Test & Development
Location: Wittmann, AZ
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.