Vehicle Dynamics and Propulsion Systems Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Controls /
This is what you’ll do
Define, design, architect and drive development of Vehicle Dynamics features relating to Propulsion, Chassis Controls, Torque vectoring and Active Driveline by:
- Working cross functionally to define User Stories and Performance Attributes
- Architecting end to end solutions for vehicle features
- Developing and documenting functional requirements
- Ensuring requirements traceability from the vehicle level all the way down to component level.
- Serving as the interface between other technical functional domains to ensure proper vehicle level quality and integration is met.
- Managing and moderating requirement reviews.
- Leading DFMEA efforts and work products using Rivian’s FMEA software tool.
- Developing and documenting System level Functional Safety work products compliant with ISO 26262 standard guidelines.
- Leading Hazard Analysis of each vehicle feature
- Develop a comprehensive DVP&R working with the development engineers to formulate, conduct, and capture validation tests at various levels (SIL, HIL, Component and Vehicle).
- Assisting in troubleshooting issues found during validation testing.
This is what you’ll need:
-B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
-Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the requirement management process of safety critical systems.
-Minimum of 5 years’ experience design and developing systems for ground up
-Requirement management tool experience (such as DOORS or Jama).
-Experience with power electronic validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Component/Vehicle)
-Understanding of industry guideline processes applied to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262).
-Experience leading DFMEAs and the 5 Step VDA approach.
-Experience with DFMEA software tools (such as IQRM).
-Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
-Good team player with great communication skills.
-Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Controls
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.