EMC Engineer - Irvine
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Starting from the ground up, guide vehicle programs on good EMC design principles and practices.
· Responsible for complete vehicle compliance to Rivian EMI/EMC requirements on multiple programs
· Review and tailor EMI/EMC Requirements to meet upcoming challenges in technology and materials
· Execute complete vehicle level risk programs and ensure vehicle level homologation.
· Plan and execute complete vehicle level test plans
· Be the technical EMC expert, leading a team to deep dive, root cause, and resolve issues from first principles.
· Work Cross functionally to ensure products and processes are developed with EMC in mind.
· Grow the EMC lab to support full vehicle capability.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 12+ years of experience working in vehicle level EMI/EMC programs
· BS+ in Electrical, Physics, or related engineering degree
· High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
· Ability to run and support a complete EMI/EMC lab.
· Ability to run and support a complete EMI/EMC team.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally ~30%
· Deep understanding of grounding, power, and RF vehicle architectures
· Experience working with metallic and non-metallic structures
· Experience with worldwide EMI/EMC standards
· Experience from Vehicle Level down to Component Level design practices
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine or San Jose
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.