Director of User Experience, Digital Commerce
Palo Alto, CA /
Design and User Experience – Design and User Experience /
As Director of User Experience for Digital Commerce, you will be responsible for the design strategy and execution of Rivian digital properties that generate revenue and link consumers to physical and financial services, including the vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle financing, insurance, vehicle service, as well as in store digital experiences.
You are someone who can work effectively in a team of really smart people to reach a common goal. You are relentlessly customer centric. This role reports to the Vice President of User Experience.
This is what you'll do:
· Lead the user experience strategy for Digital Commerce.
· Recruit, mentor, and manage a team of extraordinarily talented designers.
· Establish, demonstrate and communicate effective design processes and how the design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness.
· Partner with product managers, user researchers, engineers and industrial designers to define an executable experience.
· Participate in defining the design culture at Rivian.
This is what you'll need:
· 15+ years’ experience designing and leading digital experiences across web, mobile and other platforms.
· Degree in Experience Design, Visual Design, Architecture, or related field
· Experience translating consumer brands into innovative and engaging properties
· Experience designing and specifying flexible design systems
· Experience designing commerce websites and working with user analytics
· Experience designing web-based software and/or enterprise software a plus
· An adventurous spirit and a passion for beauty, elegance, and authenticity
This is where you’ll work:
Department: User Experience
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.