Program Manager - Powertrain and Thermal
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Propulsion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Generate all Powertrain and Thermal timelines to roll up and meet Vehicle level timelines.
· Lead the execution of the production release process and ensure that all tooling is kicked off on time.
· Develop and manage the plans for prototype builds.
· Support in planning and progressing DFMEA’s and DVP&R’s.
· Collaborate with the teams to resolve issues.
· Prepare statuses and evidence for all Gateways and deliverables.
· Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times. Define and manage process and regular meetings.
· Support in ensuring that Program Budgets are executed within target.
· Integrate successfully with Powertrain and Thermal teams. Elevate issues and risks immediately to mediate impact to the program.
this is what you’ll need:
· Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
· Understanding of Powertrain and/or Thermal systems
· 5+ years automotive experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/Business Management field or related work experience
· Familiarity with program management process and vehicle development timeline
· Strong team player
· Experience creating and implementing new processes
· Excellent written and verbal skills
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Plymouth, MI
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.