Senior Systems Engineer, Navigation
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Connected Car /
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably.
Infotainment System Engineers are at the core of our feature development process, transforming high level descriptions into working software that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers. In this role, you will focus on the In-Vehicle Navigation domain.
This is what you'll do:
· Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Strategy, UX, UI, domain owners, vehicle system architects, etc. to agree on feature design and implementation strategies for Navigation.
· Document Navigation requirements at vehicle, system and component levels.
· Define system and software architecture for Infotainment Navigation functions & features in collaboration with the Software Development and Test teams.
· Develop boundary diagrams to identify dependencies between Infotainment and other vehicle domains needed to implement Navigation features.
· Participate in system level DFMEA and PFMEA analysis.
· Support investigation and resolution of issues found during integration and vehicle testing.
Serve as a point of contact for the Infotainment team at cross-functional meetings.
This is what you'll need:
· 5+ years of experience with system requirements analysis, definition, and management.
· Significant experience in software architecture involving embedded systems, mobile devices, and cloud services.
· Deep technical knowledge of navigation, mapping, routing, and location-based applications.
· Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, and the integration of third-party web services into applications.
· Experience working with diverse technical and non-technical teams.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong computer literacy skills.
· Experience in the automotive industry desirable.
· Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.