Service Field Operations - Regional Manager (West)
Irvine, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
Service Field Operations – Regional Manager
WEST REGION BASED /SERVICE OPERATIONS – SERVICE /FULL TIME
The Service Field Operations - Regional Manager will be responsible for regional service strategy and ensuring great customer service at our service locations. This role will require establishment of high standards of performance and operational excellence, as well as management of regional 0n-ground operations. It will also require close attention to vendor management, risk evaluation and mitigation. The Service Field Operations - Regional Manager will work out in the field with their team, and travel throughout the region. Our ideal candidate would have proven success in managing high impact teams in a regional setting.
This role will also require exceptional cross functional interaction. A dynamic and resourceful leader with great communications skills, experienced in analytical approach to problem solving, continuous improvement and organization. Demonstrated leadership in the region for day-to-day management of high performing, high profile service centers in a dynamic environment. This role will require extensive traveling, operational excellence, creativity, and superb communications skills – always bridging the gap between their regional service centers in the field and HQ based teams for the purpose of training and, standardization, and constant improvement.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Build and develop a high-impact team of technical, parts, and customer facing professional, capable of upstarting and maintaining regional service centers in a dynamic environment
· Execute launch strategy for new service locations in region
· Execute on deliverables, milestone reports, open action items, risks and mitigation plans
· Support and implement regional service and parts marketing plans and initiatives
· Lead and drive quality and improvement in the region to deliver on all key performance indicators
· Ensure proper usage of company funds
· Work alongside your regional team to get what needs done
· Manage operational execution and ensure brand standards are met in accordance with company direction
· Responsible for operational excellence in the region
· Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of personal growth and accountability
· Manage complex field challenges and collaborate with subject matter experts
· Analyze the business, create and communicate clear action plans that optimize results
· Collaborate with EH&S teams in the buildout cycle
· Responsible for everything service related in the region
· Travel 70-75% of the time
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 5+ years of experience in automotive, OEM, tier 1, and/or technical field, with emphasis in engineering, quality, service, operations, and supply chain
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field experience
· Experience in leading teams in an automotive or high tech environment
· Proven success in driving service requirements in a complex environment
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
· Experience managing multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
· Process creation experience
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
· Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus
· Ability to travel up to 65%
· Strong written and communications skills
· High attention to detail
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: West Region
We Are Rivian
- Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
- We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
- Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
- Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.