Product Launch Engineer - Irvine
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
Rivian is developing vehicles, technology, and services that inspire people to get out and explore the world. Whether it’s a family camping trip or a weekend away, we provide the ultimate platform for experiencing life’s adventures.
We have development centers in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA and Irvine, CA. In addition to our three development locations, we have a modern, functioning 2.6 million square foot manufacturing plant in Normal, IL.
Core to delivering our vision is building a team of passionate people. We have assembled an outstanding team with a wide range of backgrounds including automotive, technology, industrial equipment, consumer electronics and aerospace. Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, the ability to dream beyond today and a hunger for getting things done.
This is what you'll do:
- A blend of engineering and manufacturing, you’ll be at the heart of the production launch process.
- Push electronic modules through from LRIP to High Volume Manufacturing with the contract manufacturer and at the plant
- Proactively identify high risk areas in production and engineering design cycle
- Work with contract manufacturers to perform DFM analysis and optimize at all levels.
- Work with contract manufactures and Supplier Quality to perform and review PFMEAs and optimize processes for volume manufacturing
- Identify, root cause, and track issues and work with design engineers on necessary design changes through the production and vehicle launch process.
This is what you'll need:
- XRay vision (or the ability to use an X-ray) to pinpoint manufacturing and launch issues
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing engineering of electronic modules
- 2+ years experience in engineering design and change control
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent
- Understanding of the Automotive PPAP process
- Ability to travel as needed to CM
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Proven experience tracking the progress of multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity; oversee multiple projects and make them better
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.