Delivery and Mobile Operations Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Commercial – Delivery and Field Operations /
We are seeking a proven leader to help us scale the future of EV test drives & deliveries. The Delivery and Mobile Operations Manager will own the offsite mobile operations including planning, scheduling, hiring, training, and coordinating with other cross-functional managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement. You will need to possess strong communication skills and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You are ready to climb (literal & figurative) mountains to deliver the best e-commerce experience on the planet.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage Delivery and Mobile Operations teams remotely
- Complete all tasks and skilled work that Delivery Operations fulfills; will jump in and be “hands on” to support completion of work and meet targets
- Effectively plan by using reporting and forecasting to set and adjust schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand
- Provide training and development to associates; develop and promote talent through effective and timely feedback and consistent performance reviews
- Enforce high standards in process execution through daily business reviews, observations, and feedback
- Organize work of others and collaborates with other teams to create SOPs and workflow documentation to support organizational goals
- Identify, refine and develop team goals and KPIs; analyze data and reports to make sound decisions
- Enforce high fidelity in document execution to prevent errors and safeguard revenue
- Work with senior leadership on process creation and strategy as targets and volume scale with business growth
- Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Create and manage multiple schedules
- Communicates priorities to Delivery Operations group, external teams, and senior leadership
- A collaborator who develops and maintains relationships across the organization
- Be a “how” thinker with a customer centric mentality
- Be an agent of change that owns effective communication of company messages; ensures that the entire team is kept informed of the vision of our business
- Organize and prioritiz work effectively for themselves and others
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4-5 years of Operations Management and team leadership experience in a multi-unit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 75% of the time)
- A + driving record and ability to fulfill Federal and State driver qualifications
- Available to support teams on nights and weekends
- Experience analyzing reports and creating action plans based on data
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Commercial Operations
- Location: El Segundo, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.