Software Engineering Program Manager, Connectivity
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
Rivian’s Connectivity team is responsible for connecting our products to web, cloud and personal devices through Cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interfaces. The team is chartered to develop full software stack that runs on in-house designed hardware.
As a Software Engineering Program Manager on Connectivity SW team, you are primarily responsible for successfully shipping high-quality software on time for multiple programs.
· Plan, create and maintain complex software schedules for multiple programs
· Create and execute work streams for Agile SW development teams based on program needs
· Collaborate with different engineering managers, technical leads and developers in establishing agile processes that meets the team and programs needs
· Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like Hardware, SW, Test and vendors in identifying team’s dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks
· Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success
· Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems
· Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles
· Take keen interest in product requirements and pay close attention to details when planning projects
· BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical engineering or other related technical fields
· 5+ years of experience in Technical or Engineering program management or engineering leadership roles
· 3+ years of hands-on software development experience for embedded systems or wireless products
· Excellent critical thinking and experienced in handling trade-offs
· Technical knowledge of software architectures for linux based embedded systems and electronic hardware
· Proven leader who can take full ownership with proactive attitude
· Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills
· Expert in agile processes and running SW teams using JIRA, Confluence and other program management tools
· You have worked on taking wireless software or consumer electronic products from concept through final releases
· Good knowledge of one or more of these wireless technologies - LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet or GPS
· Prior experience with IoT, automotive, telematics or fleet management products or connected services
· Familiar with Wireless certification processes and standards
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.