CAE Systems Support Analyst
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Respond and resolve Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) technology requests. To include pre-processing, post processing and HPC (onsite, cloud) technologies
· Coordinate with third party software and hardware vendors to install, upgrade and maintain CAE related technologies
· Be a local application expert in CAE applications
· Assist business stakeholders in finding additional applications to meet CAE needs
· Stay informed of industry trends and best practices in the engineering technical domain and apply these perspectives to Rivian’s business plans and projects
· Partner with CAE leadership to define, manage, and execute CAE business capability and IT landscape roadmaps
· Coordinate with business analysts to convert business requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems
· Execute architectural and capability analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
· Analyze and revise existing systems and documentation to identify remedies or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
· Provide support for systems issues
This is what you’ll need:
· CAE Technologies Technical Expertise – familiar with industry leading CAE software packages for preprocessing, post processing and HPC. Understanding of their typical uses within Automotive product development
· IT Infrastructure Skills - ability to manage VDI environments in VMware horizon, and Linux server skillsets to support HPC debugging and support
· Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
· Industry Knowledge and Expertise – Awareness of technology and Manufacturing process trends across the industry
· Modeling - The ability to represent information using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
· Requirements Analysis – Ability to prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements to meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
· Solution Assessment & Validation - Ability to assess proposed solutions against desired business capabilities, considering the organization, and its readiness to transition to the solution.
· Solution Design – Ability to execute the activities involved in conceptualizing, defining architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
· Relationship Management – Ability to quickly create relationships and partnerships with stakeholders; is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
· Influence - Apply different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan and win support from peers and colleagues.
· Decision Making - Consider the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Engineering or a related subject required.
· 3-5 years relevant experience with CAE systems required. Automotive or Discrete Manufacturing experience will be plus.
· Experience with: Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), HyperWorks, Beta CAE, NASTRAN, DYNA, HPC technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly such that you can support them
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.