Senior Test Engineer, Gateway ECU
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you’ll do:
· Review requirements on Jama for different gateway ECU features
· Write test plans and test cases for each feature based on requirements provided
· Act as QA engineer for each feature and for the entire ECU
· File bugs on developing team and track those bugs
· Write scripts and implement test cases
· Execute different test scenarios for SIL and HIL
· Work with other cross-functional teams and adjudge appropriate safety levels for software requirements
· Provide test reports and approve features completion
This is what you’ll need:
· 5 + years of experience with embedded software testing
· 5 + years of experience with one of more protocols like CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, LIN
· Experience with Canalyzer tools and python scripts
· Ability to read schematics and handle oscilloscopes, debuggers and logic analyzers
Additional preferred skills:
· Bare metal boot loader development experience
· Automotive - software / requirement engineering / product development and testing experience
· Experience with utilizing Diagnostics methodologies over CAN and DoIP
· Familiar with ISO26262 and safety measures and processes
· Agile software development process
· Previous software development experience in C is nice to have
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.