Senior/Staff Cloud Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Cloud /
This is what you’ll do:
The Rivian Cloud team is looking for Senior and Staff Cloud Software Engineers.
This is what you’ll do:
You will architect, design and develop core services that support Rivian’s vehicle fleet and the effective use of vehicle data. You will work closely with our partner Digital Commerce and Vehicle teams and your work will impact the entire Rivian digital ecosystem.
The most significant core service that you are likely to work on is the Rivian ID service. This is Rivian’s identity management system (IDMS), which underpins and governs how customers interact with our vehicles, our other connected devices and all our digital services.
This is what you’ll need:
· Willingness to get ‘on board’ with an existing codebase that is in production and (with great support from colleagues) contribute from week one.
· 5+ years in a software developer position.
· Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem.
· Strong knowledge of Python preferred, but Java, C/C++ also accepted.
· Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models.
· Problem-solving skills, and ability to take ownership of issues.
· Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development).
· Knowledge of web services / RESTful APIs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.