Sr. Motor Test & Validation Engineer
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead and/or support motor and sub-component requirements, DFMEA, DVP&R and testing specifications.
- Develop test plans, procedures, and conduct tests as needed to evaluate hardware meeting acceptance criteria.
- Design test fixtures & test setup in both 3D & 2D CAD; identify required test equipment or internal/external resources to support testing activities.
- Collect and analyze test data. Document results and provide test reports; suggest areas for improvement to product Engineering Team.
- Use data analysis tool such as Weibull to predict product reliability.
- Support product Engineering Team in root cause analysis of product failures.
- Participate in supplier meetings. Lead and/or support product testing with suppliers.
- Ensure timely completion of test project deliverables including hardware, required equipment, data collection & analyses and other documentations as required.
- Hands-on experience with lab tools and measurement equipment.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum B.S Mechanical Engineering degree with 4+ years or Master with 2+ years of experience related to test and validation preferably focusing in Motor & Electric drivetrain or E-axle.
- Proficiency in using Catia V6 or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of automotive SAE & ISO regulatory requirements
- Experience in GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Strong in statistical and analytical analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability dealing with ambiguity
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.